Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Im Gonna Do It!

Ok my mind is made up. Im getting a tattoo. I know some of you are like "so what I have dozens of tats". Well I do not. I have been pondering the idea for a couple of years (ok like 5 years) so I feel like I have sufficiently pondered it and now its time to do it. I must admit I am still a little nervous...what if the guy screws it up?, its permanent, no looking back, will it hurt a lot? Ok the will it hurt is a minor concern I am much more worried about how it looks finished. I may smack down the artist if he wrecks it, nah I trust him he is an old friend. I hope it looks awesome.

I am getting a tattoo of my sons hands with a celtic pendant called "circle of life".

When Jake was alive we used to tell each other that we were like a triangle. The three of us represented the three sides of a triangle. The triangle is a unique shape, very strong with each side supporting the other two.
Our triangle wasn't strong enough though and now lies broken in ruins. I will not forget though that it held strong for many years and the tattoo will remind me that we did indeed have something very special, and I will treasure those memories for the rest of my life.

Son it will soon be a year since you left this place to go home to God. A lot has happened since you left. One day we will talk about it, but right now I want you to know that I miss you and I love you.

3 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Wow ... you have a unique ability to leave me speechless ... a talent my husband would likely appreciate having.

That, like you my friend, was beautiful. I can't wait to see a photo of the new tat ... and yes, it will hurt ... like a bad sunburn - but worth it by the sounds of things.

You go ... boy!

Mark Price said...

Thanks D!
Im pretty excited to get it done. I will try to post a pic of it when its done.

Jerry said...

I'm not a tattoo enthusiast, but who can argue with with this circle of life embracing Jake.