Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Ahh Spring

So who doesn't love spring? The season, not the metal swirly things in your seat cushions.

My job demands that I spend an abnormal amount of time in hotel rooms...no I am not a hooker. So today, after riding a stupid train all night, I checked into my hotel at around 1pm, ate some delicious lasagne, and got ready for some much needed rest.

The day was lovely and the afternoon sunshine was making my room a little warm so I cranked up the air conditioner and off to sleep I went. At around 5:30 this afternoon I woke up in my sauna-room, soaked with sweat and dehydrated nearly to the point of delerium. WTF? My room AC had crapped out nearly killing me from heat stroke. Temp in my room? a balmy 85 degrees...and climbing. I needed a plan, and fast. I bitched to no one in particular for like 2 hours, made a few phone calls, and began to formulate a plan.

I am unsure what works better to cool off... a hot shower that makes the room seem cooler, or a cool shower that makes me feel cooler. I went for the hot shower and opened up my room window to allow in some early evening air. My plan worked, my room seems cooler. The plan isn't without it's problems though. There is a major hiway about 200 yards away from my room, it is loud and irritating...but the main reason I cant get back to sleep are the baby mosquito's that came in the open window. Ahhh springtime! All I need now is a good crop of spiders to eat the mosquitos.

Sorry I haven't written in awhile, I haven't had much to bitch about lately. Im off to enjoy some of my bleeps blog posts now as I have been missing them a lot. Have a great evening all.

5 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Gasp! Mark? Is that you? Oh ... it's so good to hear you bitching ... I've missed it so.

I'm supposed to be doing actual work right now ... this very second, but my bloggy senses (well - actually it was google reader - but whatevs...) told me to look for a post from you ... and I did ... and here you are ... in the flesh ... er ... print ...

My day is complete :)

Hugs...

D

fheathermoore said...

Mark!!!

I've been checking my google reader most days, and never see a post from you, and tonight, I doubted I would see one, but no! What a lovely surprise! You want to swap blistering heat for freak snow storms? We had one yesterday. We've had lovely weather this past week. Snow from winter was all gone, except in the Highlands. Started snowing/blizzards in the early hours of Wednesday morning, and by 9am (6 hours later) there was almost a foot of snow! Had to postpone going home to visit the family/holiday/visit mother-in-law in hospital. Today? Beautiful sunshine, -1C, no wind, and hardly a sign that the snow was ever here! I'd take your heat any day of the week. You can keep the beasties though. Don't like them so much.

Welcome back!

Hugs xxx

Spot said...

That sucks about the AC. My car AC crapped out again yesterday and being hot makes me stabby. Couldn't they give you a new room??!

I've missed you. Glad to see you back.

♥Spot

kathryn said...

Um. Why didn't you just change rooms? Is this some fancy-schmancy hotel that has only ONE VIP room??

That hotel sucks. I wanna know who it is, so I'll never, ever give them my super-sought-after business the next time I go hotel-hopping.

(No, I'm not a prostitute, either. Let's not be prostitutes TOGETHER!!)

The Grasshoppa:Triplets Plus Two Momma said...

Recently my husband and I were released out into the wild---kidding.

We happened to beg, plead and blackmail some people to give us a 24 hour break from our tribe.

Within the first 10 minutes of entering out hotel room----housekeeping staff accidentally walked in on use TWICE.

Two different people---I guess thinking it was empty.

I mean, luckily we were just standing around staring like we have no clue how to act without kids climbing all over us and making demands...

but still...

we "could" have been acting like real grown ups....ya know :)