Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Ok, I Get It!

So sorry about my last post. ["So What, I Have Other Ideas"] Apparently it sucked. If you recall from my first ever blogger post, I said I wasn't a writer. Here's the problem, Now that I have had a crappy review, my bruised ego will undoubtedly need some stroking. This will be a tough time for me, and for any of you who are still reading. I will probably try to be extra funny and entertaining for awhile, like the guy at your dinner party who wasn't on the guest list till he overheard you ordering a six foot sub. I know, and I apologize in advance for the next three or four posts.
Come on now, it isnt like you never read a bad post before, just hang in there for awhile. They will get better I promise. And if any of you write a bad post I will continue to read them. I do it because I care.

5 comments:

toddx said...

It's easy to be a critic. Now, let's read their blog.

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

It's all good! I'm with Todd X. If every blogger who had an 'off day' apologized for it, then blogs would be little more than a crapload of apologies. Besides, blogs are basically diaries and journals - with no requirements to entertain others. Right? Keep writing, Funny Man. I get you.

Mark Price said...

Oh Cynica, How clever you are!! Now get blogging! Oh and was I right about the Koontz book?
Todd; thanks bro. cant wait to see you soon.

Spot said...

Um...I went back and read the post and I didn't think it sucked...but that's just my humble opinion. I would definately tune in to see who I was (providing of course, you included me). I looked for a bad review but didn't see it.???

I wouldn't read your blog if I didn't find it entertaining. I agree that there are some fabulously witty people writing out there that I want to be when I grow up. But writing is about perfecting your craft and to do so you have to work at it everyday. Some days that's not going to be easy and the words won't flow but you still did it. You persevered. And frankly...I like the random "this is what popped into my head" blogs. It lets me know I'm not the only insane person out there.

♥Spot

ps- what Dean Koontz book? And what were you right about? (sorry...I'm sooo nosey!)

Mark Price said...

Spot, the Koontz book is called "Life Expectancy" it's all kinds of funny. I believe I told Cynica that the main character met a girl on a particular day. Been awhile since I read it but I remember it was a good one.