Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Roadtrip part 2

Ok so today was a really roadtrippy day. I logged about 200 miles travelling from Lewisburg West Virginia to Fredricksburg Virginia to have lunch with a good friend. On the way to Fredricksburg I passed some of the prettiest farms ever. Apparently people along hwy 33 like to raise horses. I met my buddy at the Panera Bread store in Fredricksburg and had sammiches and soup and some good conversation. We chatted about where my next stop should be and I decided to head south. Off I went towards Wilmington North Carolina. About 325 miles. Lovely drive down I-95. Not a lot of road construction and once out of Virginia...fewer police cars. I counted 10 (ten) police cars in one 43 mile stretch of hwy 295. This is a sort of bypass around the city of Richmond. Yeah watch your speed in Virginia! It was a sort of misty rainy day driving into Wilmington and it had almost gotten dark when I arrived so I didnt get to see much of the city. I did have a delicious supper at a place called Carrabba's Italian Grill. Calamari, minestrone soup, and a yummy seafood cannelloni dish. Theres an apple crust ice cream caramely thing in the refridgerator for later too. Tomorrow I will be heading to the beach rain or shine to dip my toes in the chilly Atlantic. Just something I feel like doing. I was last in the Atlantic ocean as a little kid...it was cold then too. Then I suspect I will head west and towards home. I'm starting to get a little tired out from driving and I figure 2 more good days on the road will get me home. I am glad I went on this little trip and hope to do another one soon. Anyway, see you all tomorrow!

2 comments:

toddx said...

I think it's great that you doing a road trip. They're the perfect thing for clearing your head. Anything on your itinerary for the trip back? Austin? New Orleans?

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Not in Kansas anymore, Toto (c'mon - it HAD to be said.)

Well ... I guess you dipping your tootsies in the Atlantic is as close to a visit in my neck of the woods as we'll see ... but I hope it is ... refreshing?? I live on the Atlantic ocean (some what farther North, mind) and haven't had my toes (or anything else) in it for a few years - and it IS cold.

Travel safely back home, my friend. Keep in touch.

D