Friday, November 5, 2010

Roadtrip...the end.

I made it home safe and sound. The last 500 or so miles ticked away this evening. I am glad to be home and yet a little sorry my trip is over.

In just over 3100 miles I discovered that I cant always control every situation. I learned that I am not always right but sometimes I am. I learned that it is important to really listen to what people are saying. I learned that right here at home is where my heart is, and home is where I belong.

I spent a great deal of time thinking about my life up to this point and where I would like to go from here. I thought of people and places not really relevent to the trip I was on, but relevent to my life as a whole. I thought a great deal about the way things used to be,the way things are now and, the way I see the future shaping up. I made some new friends and visited some old friends. I saw some of our country's beautiful scenery and some really strange ocean creatures. I waded in the chilly Atlantic just because I wanted to feel the chill and the sand in my toes.

I visited or passed through Kansas, Missouri, Iowa, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, West Virginia, Virginia, North Carolina, and Tennessee. Thats a lot of travelling for a week. There were a lot of places that I wanted to explore further but I didnt feel like I had the time...this time.

I am already looking forward to my next road trip. Not for sure where it will take me but I believe it will be west of here. The key to a good road trip is lack of planning...if you have no plan you cant be disappointed. Get out there and drive...its fun and you may be surprised at what you find. Go alone or take a friend or 2. Be safe and have fun.

Im gonna sleep for about 12 hours now. I'm tired. Good night Bleeps!

6 comments:

Spot said...

You came through Illinois and didn't stop and see me? Well, I know you don't like to plan, but next time you're headed this way, lets make a tiny plan for dinner or coffee? Mmk?

Roadtrips are truly amazing things. There's nothing better to help regain your focus or reaquaint you with yourself. It also helps to remind you how small we are and how big the world. And for me, the ocean means renewel.

Welcome back, my friend.

♥Spot

Mark Price said...

Thanks Spot, Sorry I didnt come see you. I really just needed to drive mostly. I think it must be a guy thing. I told my neighbor today that I had logged over 3100 miles and he asked "getting your head straight?" LOL So funny how much we men think alike sometimes. Its good to be home.

kathryn said...

I'm glad that you did all that driving with nothing worse than a bunch of bug-guts all over your windshield. Or, is it too late in the season for bugs? And why do I care??

That's a LOT of miles, Mark. I'm glad the trip gave you what you needed.

You deserve the best that life has to offer, my friend. Sleep well.

Leese said...

Good thing you didn't have a Tom Tom that was hell bent on trying to kill you .. I think mine is possessed ..

We've been logging ALOT of miles trying to find a place to move and as much of a bitch that it is sometimes, once I'm home I want to head back out again

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Really glad you are home safe ... told ya Spot'd be pissed you didn't stop by :)

I'm sincerely happy you got what you needed out there on the road.

Take care, bud!

fheathermoore said...

Take it from me Mark, it's not just a guy thing. I love going on a roadtrip. Just take the map with me, and go. I often pinpoint somewhere I've never been to and head in that direction. I will then turn off roads and see where they take me. I love being connected to the earth, so I drive to mountains and walk up to the top of one, if I can, and sit there at the top thinking of how insignificant we all are in the grand scheme of nature. I get an enormous sense of peace, and I could almost cry at the grandeur of it all. I used to drive on an almost daily basis during summers, and on weekends when I was back at uni. I like the freedom it gives you, and it takes you out of what can be an oppressive space at home. I think we all need it sometimes. I often hate coming home, because it means going back to what is a mundane life. I mean we all pretty much just exist on a daily basis, don't we? Although, I do love my own bed. Great posts Mark. I read through them all there. Sorry I haven't been by, but I'm swamped with college, and with catching up on the 6 weeks I missed after I had my head injury. Glad you got plenty out of your trip! See you, my amigo. x