Friday, November 26, 2010

Things I've Learned As A Bachelor

Since becoming a household of 1 (and a very large cat) I have discovered a few things.

1: The dishes in the sink when you go to work are always waiting for you when you get home.

2: The small pile of socks in front of my recliner wont walk themselves up to the washer.

3: If you leave a shirt in the dryer for more than a couple of days the wrinkles will never come out...just wash it again. And this time hang it up when its done drying, the dryer is not a closet.

4: Hardees, McDonalds, Applebys, Taco Bell, etc.. are not the grocery store.

5: Houseplants, like humans, need water to live.

6: The telephone, and the front door will almost never answer themselves.

7: The trash man comes on Wednesday morning...don't bother calling cause he wont come back on Thursday.

8: Every light on in the house at once doesnt make finding your car keys any easier.

9: If you fall asleep in your favorite chair that is where you will wake up the next day, sore and not rested at all with the TV still on.

10: Being a bachelor kind of sucks sometimes.

Have a great day Bleeps hope your holiday went well.

6 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Well of course it does, lovey.

This, too shall pass.

Funny, all the barely noticed functions of a spouse, isn't it?

I sincerely hope this seperation is short lived and you and His Magesty can welcome Lovely home soon.

Hang in there, my friend.

D

Jerry said...

But now they have those robot vacuum cleaners...turn it on and let it do its thing. I don't know if it turns itself off though.

When I was divorced -- my inspiration was my daughter coming to visit. I was always exhausted from cleaning by the time she knocked on the door.

I too hope this is a temporary situation.

kathryn said...

Wow. You are so. Freakin' Wise. Especially about the socks...although I have seen some socks that were gnarly enough to walk by themselves...so I'm just saying.

Everything can be viewed as an opportunity if you take advantage of it. Look at all you're learning! And, subsequently all you're teaching us-

(See how I managed to turn that around and make it about US? Yeah, it's a gift.)

Mark Price said...

I thank you all for your lovely comments and now I must go through my contact list to find a "house manager" Someone to sort through the junk mail and generally just mother me as much as possible.

BlackLOG said...

But on the plus side

1) You don't find more dishes than before you went out....

2) They are not going to be joined by an overnight dump of stockings

3) Who is going to moan if you have a few wrinkles in your clothes?

4) Or even places to eat.... Our local McDonalds’ is about to close. I didn't think that was possible. Big celebrations all around...

5) not plastic ones...although come to think of it Pamela Anderson still needs water...

6) Try wiring themselves up to each other....

7) You can always bring your trash over to ours, they come on a Friday....

8) But it will make the power companies more profitable - make sure you buy shares in them before using any more of their product....

9) See answer 8

10) I'm afraid it sounds like it does...Sorry, you could always get another cat.....

Spot said...

I think you're focusing on the bad. What about not having to fight over the remote control? What about getting to eat whatever you want for dinner, even if it's a bowl of cereal? What about there always being enough hot water because no one else is using it?? See, there are some good things.

Big cyber hugs to you hun. I'll keep my fingers crossed that it's a temporary situation. And that you are both learning how to appreciate each other more.

♥Spot