Sunday, November 7, 2010

Whats going on?

OK some of you may know that I have been dealing with a crisis in my world lately. My wife and partner of 22 yrs has recently moved into her own place. Yes it sucks. But...she and I have been seeing each other casually, dating if you will. We go to dinner, movies, and sometimes just watch TV or take a walk together. And we talk, scratch that...we COMMUNICATE.

I find myself wondering why we havent been dating all along? Are we so wrapped up in our own crap that we forget the person who matters most to us in the world? I know, jobs and schedules and obligations. All important but none so important as the other half of US.

My wife and I have had a really tough year. Not an excuse just a fact. Our current situation although not ideal, has shown us what is really important. We love each other and want our marriage to not only work but to grow and thrive. We want to grow as a couple and as individuals. We want to get old together and add to our many wonderful memories.

I looked at my beautiful wife today and really saw her. I saw her eyes, kind and understanding. Her skin glowed and her cheeks were just a little red from the chill in the air. I loved her. More today than yesterday and more tomorrow than today. I wanted to marry her all over again and spend the rest of my life reminding her that she is a beautiful person inside and out. A delicate flower to be admired and cared for. A strong, capable woman who is fearless. A best friend and lover for all time. My better half. Without her I am only part of a man. She holds my heart and always will.

I must be the luckiest guy in all the world.

We are going to work out our issues, and live out the rest of our lives happily together. I know this because it is what we both want. I suspect she might read this post at some point and if she does thats ok. I think she would agree with all of it.

Cindy, if in fact you are reading this, I love you and I cant wait to see you again.

7 comments:

Spot said...

Simply beautiful. And man, do I hope she reads it! You've stated the same things that Mike and I learned from his brush with death this year. Sometimes it takes a harsh wake-up call to make you realize that you've neglected the one thing you should be constantly paying attention to- your relationship with your life partner.

We've come so far in terms of our relationship in the 5 months since I almost lost him and it's been amazing. I truly hope that this happens for you two as well.

Wonderful and very true post.
♥Spot

Leese said...

Sometimes distance is the clearest glass to look through .. everything you said was right .. sometimes we get so wrapped up in things that we lose sight and when you're with someone for a long time, you get so used to the other person being there that you forget to work on keeping them there.

My husband is famous for saying, ".. that goes unsaid" and I tell him that if he thinks it goes unsaid then that's when he needs to say it.

Backfired on me a couple time! LOL! but I'm glad that your not letting life get in the way of the wonderful couple that you are together.

As always.. love and hugs to you both

Mark Price said...

Thanks Spot and Leese. I know she did read it and she said she liked it. I actually got a kiss! She is a wonderful person and things are progressing slowly but in the right direction. We are going to make it. I have good blogbuds who can give me awesome advice when I need it. Thanks for being there friends.

Danica-Dragonfly said...

I am so happy right now!

Happy you came clean to everyone out here who loves ya ... and happy you put those incredibly beautiful words down for Lovely to read.

You already know my thoughts on all of this, so I'll save the space here.

I think you are a beautiful person ... and have no doubt what so ever Lovely is everything you've said and more to have your undying love and devotion.

I wish you both ... perseverance.

Here's to new beginnings!

Amethyst Anne said...

Beautiful! I too understand almost losing the one true thing I love in this world. This post moved me to tears.
I wish you both a long and lovely life together!

kathryn said...

Oh, Mark! I'm so glad Cindy read this and I'm so happy you've shared with her how you really feel.

True love is RARE...and when you find it, you never want to let it go.

Yeah, I know. I've gone all Lifetime Movie on your butt.

But! I'm thrilled for you two!

f8hasit said...

I love happy endings. Sometimes crisis is needed in order to fully appreciate what you had/have!

I wish you both success in yourendeavor to reconnect. It's rare in todays disposable society. I'm nREALLY happy for you both! (albeit a little jealous that mine own split didn't have the same outcome... we he and I got together to catch up, he proceeded to tell me about his joining eHarmoney and that he was going in a second date with an Amer-Asian. Just the kind of thing I needed to hear. I would have preferred not going and meeting him...)