Saturday, September 19, 2009

BIG TROUBLE

Did you ever think about the stuff your parents told you growing up? Really, what would happen if Mom or Dad were to ever "have enough"? I remember getting several whacks growing up because the folks had "just about enough". So what would they do if they got to the point of, "ok now I have had enough!" A simple whack on the ass surely wouldn't suffice, no sir you have somthing special and terrible coming. It wouldn't be like it came without warning though, trust me my folks pretty much always were on the edge of just about enough. I heard it so many times I thought it was a mantra of some sort. Hey what if you were to do something really bad and you skipped a step in the enough chain? Say for instance you went directly from "just about enough" right to "ok thats too much". Ugh I shudder to think! And whats the deal with "BIG TROUBLE"? I noticed I was often in trouble but I don't recall ever being in big trouble. You can't just do something dumb and be in big trouble, big trouble has to be sort of pre-approved. ie: If you keep that up... you're gonna be in big trouble! Big trouble seems like it always carried some phantom punishment so terrible it couldn't be discussed in the light of day. Like the mere mention of it would bend time and space and leave mankind in a devastated state. BIG TROUBLE!! No thanks, I'm sticking with just about enough!

3 comments:

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

I can't respond because I can't breath because I'm rolling on the floor. Omg!
We must have had the same parents.

Annita said...

I seem to recall that you were always trying to top the biggest trouble!

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Yaeh ... but once you've been 'middle-named' you need to consider bailing out of your current circumstance.