Friday, September 25, 2009

Egg Salad

AGGHHH, What I wouldnt give to have an assistant or a sidekick to help me through rough patches in my world. I have an unusually short attention span that makes doing anything computer or technology related really tough. Today I went to facebook, now I can't remember why, and there was a note on my screen advising me to upgrade my internet explorer. Small headache begins. So off I go to download the latest and greatest IE stuff thinking it will take maybe 30 seconds or so to finish. Oh heck no, I sat here in front of this box for a few minutes and decided I was hungry. Went to make tea and checked back. Still updating! Headache getting worse. Went out again to see what I could find to eat...hmm 4 eggs, egg salad sammich! Put eggs on to boil and checked back on download process. Hooray it's done! Wait a minute, must restart computer? Full blown headache! Was re starting enough? oh no, now they want me to answer questions! They never offer "I Don't Care" when they give you the multiple choice stuff. I just want a circle to click that says, "I am satisfied with the way my computer worked yesterday, and prefer to have it that way again." You see, I don't feel like I have time to fiddle around on the computer. My facebook friends have games and polls and farmtown and mafia wars, and on and on. Where do they find the time for all that stuff? Maybe I watch too much tv? It could be that there is a battle going on between tv and computers. Which one is better? Or, which one is worse? I think right now the computers have the upper hand. Television shows are really starting to get weak and thus are feeding the wave of new computer people. Meanwhile the computer stuff is getting harder to understand for old guys like me so we are getting screwed both ways. It's a conspiracy.
You think 45 minutes is long enough to hard boil 4 eggs? Oh crap, I hope I have mayo!

2 comments:

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

Egg salad. Yum. So do you use mayonnaise or miracle whip? Pickles or no? Do you know what egg salad becomes when it grows up? Chicken salad. (Jokes like this are one benefit of having kids around. The second would be to deal with the computer.)

Danica-Dragonfly said...

... he said sammich :)