Wednesday, September 23, 2009

uh oh!

I have been spending a ton of time at the hospital. Each morning we rush around to beat the KC traffic jam only to find there are almost no parking places left in the garage at KU. Now I suppose this garage is pretty much standard for parking garages nationwide. 5 floors high, concrete, kind of dark, etc... My question is, why do they make the parking spots soooo narrow? Ok money right? Right. But really there needs to be a standard width of a parking space. Recently the cost for validated parking went from $1 up to $2. Thats a 100% markup. Imagine if a gallon of milk went up to $7 tomorrow? Yeah that would suck. Wonder if I could put tap water on my Cap'n Crunch? Eww! I guess if we all drove Mini Coopers, or VW bugs it would be ok, but thats not the way it is. Here's the deal though, I would gladly pay $3 for parking if I had an extra foot of parking width. Really I would. Something funny happened this morning when I was parking. My wife was carrying on about "Hey can you park farther away from that explorer, I don't want my door scratched!" She was referring to the vehicle on my side of our car. I told her, "Oh, theres plenty of room." To this she replied, "I don't want some fat-ass trying to squeeze into her car and scratch my door all up!" Now keep in mind that my window was down as it was a cool fall morning, and I said to my wife..."she's sitting right there why don't you tell her yourself?"...Sure enough there in the explorer sat a woman, hopefully so into her own thoughts that she wasn't paying attention to what was going on in the little car next door! Guess we will find out when we get back to the garage huh. UH OH better get maaco.

1 comment:

Susie G. said...

OMG, That's exactly what would happen to me: Open mouth, insert foot, lol.