Monday, September 28, 2009

So What, I Have Other Ideas!

I was reading some blogs today. There are some funny-ass writers out there. I would like to think that I could hang with this crowd. I think maybe I could in real life, but writing? No way. I'm outclassed by a mile. Ok, you all hear that? You're funnier than me!

That being said I am considering changing my genre. GENRE, smartypants, not GENDER!

Maybe I will write an ongoing mystery blog, (idea stealers take note) a kind of whodunnit. I could use other bloggers as my characters, their locations and little blog specific tidbits of information would almost certainly guarantee readership. Who wouldn't want to know if they were cast as a villian or a hero? Pretty solid idea I think. If any of you like it, lemme know.

Or perhaps I could try my hand at serious writing, I mean as serious as you can get in a couple of paragraphs. (like I'm really going to start using proper punctuation!)

There is always poetry. But I never found a word that rhymed with orange so eventually I would screw it up with some Dr. Seuss like words.

I could cast myself as a cyber action hero zooming around in the vastness of the world wide web doing good deeds and saving cyber-chicks from almost certain deletion after being mercilessly thrown into the deadly recycle bin by horny teenagers whose Mom just walked in to see how their homework was going. I'm really sorry for that last sentence. I realized it was too long but I wanted to get the entire thought in it.

How about a photo blog? Is that even an acceptable blogging medium? How many pictures of my cat do you think you could stand? I am new so I don't fully understand the rules yet.

(Oh, I have to tell you all that based on an episode of Mad Men that is on tv right now, I do not recommend running a riding lawnmower inside a crowded office. Wow.)
Sorry, short attention span.

1 comment:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

See - I like the mystery idea.

Not a thing wrong with this post, Mark. Keep pluggin away :)