Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Lets Try This

Shit, I hate it when I confuse the tab key with the enter key. Pisses me off cause BOOM you just published...a title! Ugh! So now I feel compelled to write something in here, anything. My blog mind is a blank slate. His Majesty the Cat is watching me and looking rather perturbed that I am not letting him pet himself on my hand. Spoiled Cat. Eveytime I look at him he's all like..."Well?"... I don't know.

So I am getting ready for the holiday next week. Trying to make sure my belly stays stretched out ready to accept mass quantities of grub. Took 3 days off work to be with the family so that should be fun.

OMG... Could this be any lamer? Is lamer even a word? perhaps more lame would be better. Either way I am keeping it short so you wont have killed more than like 3 minutes to read it. Comments are totally unneccesary. The fact is I don't think it's fun for me right now to be blogging. I guess I need to go back and think about why this all seemed so important for a couple of months. Something has changed, not entirely sure what it is. I still enjoy reading the posts from my blogbuds, and I will be commenting on your posts because...you guys are awesome! I have had a good time writing and reading and interacting with you all. I feel like I kind of know some of you, and I am happy to have known you through your posts. Sheesh I feel like I am moving away from the old neighborhood.

So I'm taking a break. Or retiring. Until I have something funny or important to say, I'm done.

8 comments:

f8hasit said...

Not surprisingly there are several blogbuds out there on the same wavelength as you.
Take a break. Eat some turkey. Revive.

And then hopefully come back.
We'll all be waiting here for ya'.
:-)

Tab.
Enter.

toddx said...

You can always be a guest blogger at www.icedteaandsarcasm.com if you want. :)

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Oh Mark. I (kinda) know how you feel (but on a much smaller level, of course).

I know your burden is heavy right now.

Speaking for the group (that I am part of at least) I think it's safe to say we love you. I look forward to anything you have to say ... even just comments on other blogs.

Come over to my page and get one more award ... I didn't win it - I stole it (Mwha ahh ahh), so I'll not be posting it on mine, but it is yours - first.

I'll miss you until you are back... and I just know you will be.

Take very good care of you. Enjoy your turkey day. Mmmmm turkey ...

D

Spot said...

Wow. Seriously I have seen several bloggers say the same thing lately. I think it's either the time of year. (Did you know there are more suicides around the holidays then any other time of year??) Or the fact that we all get so busy this time of year. Or maybe it's the moon phase. I don't know.

I will miss your blogs. Really. And I'm hoping that you mean it about continuing to comment!

♥Spot

kathryn said...

What is it lately? I feel like we're in some Twilight Zone/Bermuda Triangle/Candid Camera hippy, dippy, trippy thing. Everyone's feeling...."off".

Maybe the internet has sprung some sort of leak...ya know, like when you think there's something in the water?? Maybe we're all infected with some weird, odorless, colorless internet-writer's-block bug.

HEY. It could happen.

Just leave the door open a crack...in case you change your mind. Some bodily function'll come up and you'll feel compelled to share....ya never know.

Cynica Sarcastamos said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cynica Sarcastamos said...

"LET'S TRY THIS"? I don't think I want to try that, so I'm going to vote NO on your proposition.

Do you really want us all to conclude that you are in a 'time out' because you are out chasing Sarah Palin's tour bus? It could happen!

I'm sure I speak for many (everybody) when I say that I (we) would prefer that you not take any time off. Sure, I'll be polite (well, they will) and say it's OK, but don't believe that. If you must miss a day or two, so be it. We know you have a lot on your mind right now. But as far as I (we) can tell, if you're awake, you're funny.

Even if you're having a not-so-funny day, warped also works. I (we) would still rather read what you say than not. You don't have to entertain us. Remember, we bloggers will eagerly read about lint on socks. (As long as they are your socks.)

So your request for a leave of absence is hereby denied.

Signed, Respectfully Looking Forward to Reading Your Next Post (ASAP) - Don't Make Me Come Down There.

Hugs! hugs! hugs!

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Okay ... so Cynica said what we were all thinking, but in a lame attempt to be polite, we let you off the hook.

Kudos to you, Cynica!

Let's face it, Mark - we'd show up for an envelope opening around here.(Thanks for that pearl, GP)

Don't throw us away ... we love you.