Saturday, November 7, 2009

Post # 60...Really?

So I have been pretty blogstipated for a few days and was starting to feel like I had nothing to say...I know weird. This post is me opening my typing mouth and seeing if anything comes out. I thought post #60 should be something special or interesting or funny but the truth is I got nothin! So I went back over my shortlived blogging career and just read some old posts. Fun stuff. One thing I noticed was the regular use of acronyms in the comments.

WTF is a popular one but what does it mean? The "W" is the variable, is it Who, What, When, Where, or Why? Of course the "F" is also interchangeable. F**k, Frown, Fellow, Fun, or Freak! I don't know wtf people are saying when they use WTF.

And what about LOL? Is there a level of praise attached to the variations of an online giggle? For instance is LOLOL better than just plain old LOL? And what about LMAO? Surely there is a difference. If you get a ROFLMAOOL you should probably get a prize to go with it right?

Why is BRB never associated with, Been Real Busy? How do we know for sure that the "F" in BFF isn't the same "F" in WTF? That would certainly change things huh?

Then you have the ever present OMG. It is like a blog comment staple item. Like salt in a blog comment recipe. If I had a nickle for every OMG in bloggville, I would be rich.

So with that said I will go back to thinking about my next post, but I will leave you with this...
WTF am I doing LMAO OL while reading posts from my BFF's blog and other BBB's? IKR? BTW, OMG my BGF is a PITA sometimes...BION! JK! TTYL!

WTF???

12 comments:

BlackLOG said...

ISDGWATAM

Hey, I really like the concept - I can write a whole sentence and as long as I get the first letter correct of each world I'm Laughing, no problems with wrong spellings, plus if the readers don’t get it that’s their fault for not being on my wave length…..

This could shorten my time to write blogs by hours…. Only I can't actually remember what the hell ISDGWATAM means and I just wrote that about 20 seconds ago. Aaaarrrggghhhh back to the drawing board.

Leese said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leese said...

ROFLMAOOL!!!!!

Actually, I am quite guilty of OMG-ing!

But then, I say that all the time in real life too..which, yknow, is going to damn my soul to eternal damnation... for like, the 1730th time!

(( I don't know how I deleted the previous comment.. guess the internet gods were saving me from something unknown!! ))

Mark Price said...

BlackLog, I think it could shorten my blog time as well. But someone would have to post a key to decipher all the acronyms.

Leese, We all do it I think. So funny. I wonder if websters will eventually put them in the dictionary?

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

LAHITIPAL!
SSEWBA
B/C
B4YKI it's
TEOTWAWKI
IYKWIM
GHM
Now GAFYK
MTF,
SWMBO
(iPhones have this stuff built in - CYBT! - but if u need a
translator, go 2 netlingo ASAP. Peace.)

Mark Price said...

Cynica,
W T F
H H U
A E C
T K ?

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

BlackLog - Funny! I so don't get what all the acronyms mean? Me either. They're like vanity license plates.
Mark - your first line seemed to come in loud and clear but then I broke the code:
When They Found Howard Hughes Under An Egyptian Chair, They Knew.

Spot said...

Okay, this is just way to much for me to try to decipher on a sunday morning with only a half a cup of coffee in. This may just send me back to bed. And as all of your acronyms are in caps, I feel like I've been shouted at in a foreign language. IGU!!!

Cynica, what did they know? ISL.

TTFN,
♥Spot

toddx said...

Speaking of vanity license plates, here's my fave: YY2-WED.

Get it? :)

Mark Price said...

Todd, Nice one. We'll see how many more get it.

Heather said...

I can handle lolspeak pretty well but people shorten things that no-one really knows IYKWIM. I mean WTF? An abbreviation is meant to make it easier for you to read and write. I don't use OMG that often but I am very guilty of using LOL. I use it everywhere, and wtf is used a lot, because...well I love swearing. I use lmao a lot. I also use the ROFL but I have to be seriously laughing hysterically. There are lots of well known ones, but now people are just making them up as they go along. Thing is: people have to know WTF you are saying in the first place, and not have to spend half an hour trying to decipher wtf you are talking about!

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

Todd, a wedding with no girls?
Makes sense to me!

Mark, I typed one wrong letter in my text message. Guess that can put a whole new spin on things...