Sunday, October 18, 2009

High Skool

I have a class reunion/get together in a few days. 26 years! (I know right? I still look hot! or not) Class of '83. Some of you probably weren't even born yet but here's what was hot:
Music: ACDC, Van Halen, Pink Floyd, Journey, The Cars...
Food: Taco Bell and Sonic (ok those are still hot)
Cars: Anthing that ran well enough to get you up and down the main drag till the wee hours of the morning. Ahh, the memories.

I thought about getting all buffed up for the big gathering, but realized that would require a shit-load of Bow Flex time and several hundred miles on my treadmill. I'm not that energetic. (which I'm now thinking may be the reason I'm not so fit) The best workout I ever got on that Bow Flex was putting it together. Second best was Brock and I carrying it up the stairs in the garage. The treadmill is up there too, didn't want them to be lonely so I keep them together. The last time I was up there they both stared at me, trying to make me feel guilty. It didn't work.

I don't think my old classmates will mind if I have let myself go a little. Hey by the time you get into your mid 40's you have undoubtedly had some stress. I will be leaving my shirt on though, no need for them to know about the yak inspired back hair thing I got goin on.

My lovely wife is forever telling me I need to, "get in shape". I tell her ROUND is a shape. She thought I needed to color my hair once too, till I reminded her that "grey IS a color". She certainly has a lot to put up with. I should maybe buy her a card. Somebody needs to remind me to head to Hallmark and pick out something that says:
I know i'm sometimes a jackass but lots of people think the stupid shit I say is funny and you are so cool to put up with it and I probably am not going to change cause i'm a guy and we don't like change so enjoy this card and when do we eat?

She has put up with my non-sense for over 18 years. Wow thats better than my parents and my teachers. Well, I'm pretty sure my parents still think I'm cool. My teachers, on the other hand, probably start each day thanking their lucky stars that I graduated and didn't send my kid to their school.

High school, what would I do differently if given another chance? Nothing. I had a blast with some of the coolest people in the world and lived to tell the tale. Why would I want to change that?

7 comments:

Spot said...

OMG! My hubby says the same exact thing "round IS a shape". Do they teach you that in guy school? Is that what you learned in 5th grade when they took all the girls out for the period film??!

I love the card. If only they made true life ones like that!

I'm class of 87 so not far behind you. And I feel the same way...I wouldn't change a thing. I liked high school alot! And had a really good time, tons of good mememories.

I think you're funny. And maybe hot. Except for that whole back hair thing...

♥Spot

Mark Price said...

Spot, when you were all at the period film we were given a crash course on why we should stay in the garage as much as possible during your "special" weeks. It's totally the only useful info I remember from 5th grade.

Mark Price said...

p.s. My back-hair saves me a ton of money on heating bills. It is a little embarrasing though when they ask me to "please take off your sweater in the pool" at Holiday Inn.

Spot said...

Wow. Did you notice how great I spelled memories in that first comment? Hmm. Ah, I've oftened wondered what they taught you. Definately a good idea.

And that's what I said to my hubby and brother in law earlier this summer. They were both walking up from the lake and I told them swimming would be easier if they took those sweaters off first. Apparently my sis had never heard that before, because she laughed about it the rest of the day. Or at least until her annoyed hubby said "It wasn't that funny!"

♥Spot

kathryn said...

LOVE IT! LOVE the card, especially...you've got one hell of a day job ahead of you if you need it...."thanks for putting up with me and when's dinner?"

Is your wife coming with you to this thing? It's a mixed bag for her, I guess. YOU, though...will have a blast!

Great post, Mark!

Mark Price said...

Thanks for stoppin by Kathryn, I think the wife is going to sit this one out but you never know about her. I am really looking forward to seeing a bunch of old friends.
Spot, I sometimes think we aren't that different you and I. (except for the back hair) LOL

Spot said...

It's true, Mark. I do NOT have back hair.

♥Spot