Friday, October 2, 2009

Light It Up

I have been turning lights off and on all week. I know that sounds weird but I am looking for a light that makes noise. Isn't it strange that all the sci-fi movies of yester-year have lights that make noise? Really, every time the alien spacecraft is floating around, the lights on it make a throbbing, light-noise. Even when the humans go onboard the spacecraft the inside lights make the same creepy noise. Light sabers...yep they make noise too. Um, Mr. Spielberg, yes...uh, the sabers are made of light. Are we absolutely certain we want them to make a noise? Oh, ok you're the boss!
My guess is he did it because thats what all the other sci-fi movies did. Think about it, he is a little kid at the movies thinking, Wow light that makes noise is sooooo cool! Nearly all the episodes of the twilight zone had noise-making light. And Star Trek? Sheesh, even the sparkle in Captain Kirk's eyes made a noise. Lasers, tasers, and phasers, all that crap had noisy light beams.

Not one light have I found that makes a noise. White light is quiet, blue light is quiet, and green light is quiet. Heck I even went downtown to see if red light made any noise. I heard some noises there allright, but I don't think any of the noises were coming directly from the light. Where is this mystery loud light from the movies of my youth? I may never know.

7 comments:

Spot said...

So, to add to your "weird but true" file...I read in a book by Temple Grandin (a very famous person with autism) that autistic people can actually hear the noise flourescent lights make. So apparently there is a noise it's just that us normal people cannot hear it. So basically spielberg was just trying to help us out. And I think that the light saber noise is the high voltage of electricity running through it...not the actual light. I think. Well if I ever really contemplated the noise of light which I haven't before, but it will probably keep me awake now. Good job Mark. I happen to have a very busy day tomorrow. Geez.

♥Spot

Mark Price said...

Sorry Spot. I didnt think I would post this one. My friend told me not to post all my thoughts at once.She says I should save some for a rainy day.It's her nice way of saying "Shut Up Already!"

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

So the moral to this is story is: turn off the lights already... you're keeping people awake!
((*.*)) And I DI-DENT say save your excess blogs for a rainy day, I said save for them for when you get bloggers block. Oh wait, being you, that probably won't happen. You're brain is like an episode of Seinfeld... it can turn anything into a show. ((*.*))

Danica-Dragonfly said...

The things that occupy the mind mind some days ... really.

Now ... should I admit that I can hear some noise from light? Especially flourescent? I am not autistic, but I can hear that high pitch vibration they make. 'Course I can hear dog whistles too ... so perhaps I am just a different kind of "special".

Yeah ... dats da ticket ...

Mark Price said...

oh great my quiet light theory shot full 'o' holes. You all got any info on tidal swing? I have a theory on that too. I call it the slosh theory. Like the water in a bucket, earth turns and all the ocean water sloshes to the other side of the planet.

kathryn said...

Okaaaay....so, have you any idea how strange you look to the neighbors....turning all your lights randomly on and off?

Cherokee said...

You need to get one of those pole lights, that's open at the top. They have a halogen bulb in'em and they make a real annoying sound.