Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Bad Boys, Bad Boys...

I realize it might totally ruin the shows, but what if the bad guys on reality cop shows just gave up? Let's face it, they aren't getting away. Sure they run and they hide but in the end the police always prevail. They always find the ones hiding in the attic, in the bushes, and on the roof of the house. They also always find the guns and the dope. I wonder if its time for a new kind of show. One where the bad guys are a little less energetic and have seen other cop shows.... Here's the trailer for this years newest police drama...

Car gets pulled over, driver hops out and violently throws himself to the ground. Pretty good so far. He then begins yelling out to police still climbing out of their cars, "This car is stolen and the trunk is full of cocaine! I shot 3 people last week with the stolen pistol in the glove compartment and I have multiple outstanding arrest warrants. The name on my drivers license is fake and you can find 9 overdue library books hidden in my basement meth lab, under a box of grenades! Shoot me now!"

But they won't shoot him. They never do. These officers on tv will run 7 blocks, crash through bushes, climb fences and dodge traffic, all while wearing slippery shoes and like 80 pounds of vest and gear.

I would most likely just shoot. I'm not a runner.

I think that if the bad guys really wanted to escape they would jump into a lake or river and swim away at a leisurely pace. There's no rush cause I promise those officers aren't gettin in the water wearing all that heavy equipment. They would sink like a rock.

I wonder if I could make a living teaching criminals to swim? Hmm. Or maybe selling life jackets to policemen. Thats all for now!

4 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

I like it ... might even catch an episode or two of that :)

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

Good idea! Now you're sort of talking RENO 911 but the Bad Boys there are actually 'Bad Morons'. They totally roll over and pee on themselves. They usually pee on the cops, too.
Perhaps they could do your show featuring a cop with narcolepsy (I said NARco, not NECro) who falls asleep during all the action and NEVER catches the bad guys. Call it The Biggest Snoozer. Or better yet, feature a super lazy cop who only PRETENDS he has narcolepsy. Hmmm. (Hey - you could try that at your job... - Oh wait...)

kathryn said...

You're telling me that you'd watch a show with no chase scenes, no shoot-outs and no violence?

I didn't think so. But it makes for good blogging.

I read some guy's post about how the way to escape the cops is to hide on the end of a pier. Evidently, statistically no-one ever gets shot at the end of a pier. Probably 'cause no-one wud be stupid enough to run to such an obviously dead-end place.

mark! Aren't you the one who was so happy I didn't have the word verification on my blog? And you have it on yours?Was that not YOU?

Mark Price said...

Thanks for stoppin by Danica and my inner childs view of the world went ok. Thank the little damselfly for me.
Cynica,I see that after some thought about it you figured out that I already do pretend to have narcolepsy at my job. hint: always look both ways at railroad crossings.
Kathryn I will be removing that pesky word thing immediately following my post. And yes it was me but I'm certain others are glad that you don't have it.