Friday, October 30, 2009

Lest there be any question...

A thought occurred to me today. What if my blog-buds think I am all uber-talented with making stuff up to write about. I'm here to say that this is soooo not the case. My imagination is ok at best. I blog about things that make an impression on me during the day. Sometimes I do reminisce about things from the past but it's mostly because I have recently been reminded of the event and possibly have a new "take" on it. As I get older and presumably wiser things tend to look different to me. When I was 8 yrs. old, eating a whole package of Oreo's seemed like an ok idea. Now at 44 I know that too much sugar is bad for me. Might not stop me from eating the cookies, but at least I won't be confused about the belly ache.
My blog posts are for the most part true events, and real thoughts. I know some of the thinking is a little skewed, but thats just how I roll. I look at something, question it's place in my world, and then write about my conclusions. It helps me to understand things if I put them in a "me" perspective. If I can find no reasoning to a particular something, I will usually put my own spin on it. Thereby making it more acceptable to me. (as my lovely wife says, it's all about ME.) Think of it as showing the work to figuring out a math problem. In any case my blog is me. A very good friend of mine reads these posts and would tell you that they are a pretty good representation of how things are processed inside my little mind. So, if you saw it here, there's a good chance it happened. I usually don't even bother changing the names to protect the innocent.
So, anyone still wanna read this stuff? I hope so because I may say something important someday and you will all be bummed out if you miss it. Or I will be.

8 comments:

Danica-Dragonfly said...

I had no doubt that your posts were authentic Mark Price.

You are an endearing sort. Much like some of the guys I used to hang out with back when I still had real live friends.

I think I speak for most of your 'followers' when I say ... please don't ever change and never EVER stop writing 'your take' on things ... I for one, would be heart broken!

kathryn said...

And WHERE is all this coming from, mister? Is someone questioning your genius?? Give me a name and I will kick his ASS.

Otherwise, proceed as usual.

I'm listening!

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

To be blunt, which is always a challenge for me, even if you were to make something up (and with your wacky life - who needs to?), it would still be coming from YOUR sick puppy of a poop-obsessed brain. And that is truly all that matters to me, Forrest!

Spot said...

I never doubted the authenticity of your posts. I don't think I ever doubted the authenticity of anyone's posts. Because, for real, you just can't make most of this shit up. True life is way loopier then fantasy.

But currently I'm a little concerned because Danica said "back when I had real live friends". Does that mean all her real friends now are dead? Hmmm...and what about her blog buds? Are we real? And if so, are we live? I'm very very concerned. Someone should ask her...

Keep being true to you and I'll keep laughing at your silly ass. It's a win/win.

♥Spot

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Hee hee ... I just peed a little.

Yeah ... my "real live friends" are still alive (or they were last I saw them)... no time to spend working on any relationship that isn't either a)paying my bills, b)required by law (ie parental requirements) or c) alots sexual rewards at various intervals ... (yeah - I only mean hubby)

Ergo - I have opted for easier friends to maintain ... enter bloggy friends... who I can only assume are also live ... though I suppose these could be pre recorded sessions ... err ... I'm feelin' all conspiracy theory now ... gotta go ...

Mark Price said...

Danica, so glad you haven't killed anybody...yet. I picture lifesized marionettes and you pulling the strings.LOL
Kathryn, Nobody questioned my stories I just read through some of my posts and they are fairly wacky.
Cynica, Poop obsessed? Me? Oh, yeah I guess I sort of am. Eww I need a support group, Poopaholics Annonymous, or The Brown Trout Society or something.
Spot, After reading your post today I'm more scared of you than I am Danica. I know right? Plus she lives far away so I am safe.
Thank you my favorite blog-buddies!

Leese said...

OMG... can SOOOOO relate!!

And that is EXACTLY why I need a reality show!!! One.. to prove that everything I say does indeed happen and Two.. why the hell shouldn't I get paid to life this crazy life!!

LOL!!!

Anonymous said...

frurfAcrops
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/muscle-cramps]muscle cramps[/url]
biseelesiache