Thursday, October 22, 2009

Don't Pet The Turtle!

So my friend Brock has this fascination with turtles, and the turtles may be getting fond of him as well. A little history...
Brock's little girl (who is cool and may grow up to be a ninja) was needing a new pet. The cat was pretty scratchy and irritable so Brock figured a turtle would be a good second choice pet. So began the saga of "Slow Becky". Fitting name for a box turtle I thought. His daughter is smart. Slow Becky had a ton of adventures. She got to take a couple of train rides and stayed overnight in some of our fine railroad approved hotels. She survived the great power outage in the winter of 07/08. But Slow Becky was no spring chicken...err, turtle, she had a lot of miles on her shell and sadly she passed away peacefully one night as she slept.

Brock's house was to remain turtle free for many long months. Last week a new turtle "came" into Brocks life, or rather, into his hand! Apparently he was holding "Slow Becky II" and was presented with a fist full of baby-batter...turtle style! He realized what was happening when he looked down and saw some turtle junk hanging proudly out of the shell and was adequately grossed out. Afterwards, Slow Becky II (which hardly seems an appropriate name given the junk) was looking quite satisfied with himself and like any good man, drifted off to sleep leaving Brock to clean up the gooey mess.
So waddaya think? TMI? Have a nice Thursday!

7 comments:

Cynica Sarcastamos said...

This would be the same Brock that thinks venom must be sucked out of a bee sting? Poor Brock. How ever does he survive each day?

Danica-Dragonfly said...

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Baby batter ... you sleigh me!

Mark Price said...

Cynica, yep thats him! Glad that turtle didn't bite him, I can only imagine how that may have turned out!

Danica, Thanks for comi... oops, I mean stopping by! Kinda surprises me when my regular guests come by on TMI thursday.

Spot said...

Um...ewwww. I'm with Danica tho..."baby batter" is my new favorite euphemism. Yeah...I think they better rename it "Slow Bob".

♥Spot

kathryn said...

How do you know that Slow BeckyII is a boy? You DID say "he" right? Is that 'cause he pooped in your friend's hand? I mean, I'm totally buying it....just curious....

Bobby Allan said...

LMAO! The funniest part of this is that Kathryn didn't get it. She's so innocent...

OMG, I can't stop laughing at your response, Mark.

Mark Price said...

Chrissy, Thanks for coming by. I KNOW RIGHT? My mistake, I thought everyone knew what "junk" was.